- Customer needs a job done in their home, calls you around noon because they had a specific recommendation to use your services. They get shunted to voicemail with no option to speak with a human. Specifies that a return call be in the afternoon.
- Call the customer back at 8am the next morning.
- Tell the customer that you can't make an appointment for them for over a week.
- Customer grudgingly agrees, specifies that the time must be in the afternoon.
- Call the customer three days later at 9am, informing them you're already on the way over.
- Make the customer remind you of the appointment time you gave them. Also make the customer remind you (for the third time) that they specified afternoon times only.
- Fail to arrive (over 90 minutes late is a no-show for a job that was supposed to take 45 minutes) for the appointment you set and the customer reminded you of. Don't bother to call.
Seriously. This will totally work at losing that customer. And then that customer will not just get a competitor to do the job. They'll also tell other people all about it.
Isn't that right, Prestige Locksmith? And now that pretty much anybody can give you a public review on Yelp or Google (let alone write a blog post), other people will be able to make an informed choice when they're choosing a service.